This production worker job in Vermont will require work in a manufacturing facility. The pick & pack line worker will be responsible for Picking & Packing, assembling containers, inspecting packages as they come off conveyor, melting cocoa butter, dumping cocoa powders, cleaning and any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Line Worker needed ASAP with an established company in Northern Vermont. Travel expenses and lodging will be provided.
- Must have recent Pick & Pack/Manufacturing experience.
- Location: St. Albans, VT
- Hotel/Travel & Per Diem – Will be paid for. TBD
- Job Length: 4-6 months of commitment - - Temp to Hire
- Hours: Varies TBD/ 3 Shifts Available
- Pay: Starting at $16.75/hr.-$20/hr. TBD
Scope & Responsibilities
- Picking & Packing
- Inspect packaging as it comes off the conveyor
- Prepare raw materials including melting cocoa butter, pumping oils and lecithin, and dumping powders.
- Clean magnets and document HACCP.
- Responsible for cleanliness of all areas in the department as well as following all GMP’s and Safety Regulations.
- Cross-train to perform functions of Mixer Attendant, Machine Operator as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent with ability to follow both written and oral instructions.
- Math skills required.
- Teamwork and Cooperation –genuine intention to work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
- Initiative – doing more than required or expected in the job.
- Customer Service Orientation – help or serve others, to meet their needs; focus efforts on discovering and meeting customer needs.
- Self-control – provide a measured rather than an impulsive response.
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals and groups.
- Ability to adhere to GMPs and all other food safety requirements.
Working & Environmental Conditions:
- May be exposed to excessive noise or heat as well as outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand, kneel or reach over and under all equipment on a concrete floor.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds, climb stairs and be comfortable at heights.
- Must be able to freely move around the manufacturing and loading/unloading areas and operate material handling equipment.